Subject: [Leica] Cameras Banned
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 16:31:00 -0400

LUG:

The big Speed Street festival celebrating everything NASCAR is in
Charlotte this weekend.  They have closed about 12 block of downtown
to traffic for the festival.  I wouldn't go if you paid me; however,
I am really disturbed by one of the rules.  No cameras, still or
video are allowed.  How can they legally prohibit cameras on public
streets?  I've proposed to Charlotte photographers that we boycott
Food Lion (the sponsor) and let them know why.

In a related incident, security guards at the Johnson and Wales
campus in downtown Charlotte prohibited a photographer from taking
photos of the campus buildings even though she was standing on a
public sidewalk.  The APA in Charlotte is arranging a protest with
crowds of photographers coming to photograph Johnson and Wales (after
contacting television and newspapers)

All of this eroding of our rights has got to stop!!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from charcot at comcast.net (charcot) ([Leica] Cameras Banned)