Subject: [Leica] Real Photographers Shoot Black and White, Sometimes Color
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 16:59:58 +1000

Today I received my copy of Ted Grant's new book from Blurb. I ordered mine
through Ted and its a very nice bonus to have a personal inscription from my
friend inside!
Incidentally I opted for the premium paper and hard cover. I can see
appreciably better reproduction in some shots compared to ones reproduced in
early (non premium paper) copies of our '12 Leica Users' book. Also the
quality of the medical shots compares very favourably to the larger scale
commercial reproduction in Ted's 'Women in Medicine' volume.
As others have commented this is a marvellous volume full of vintage Grant.
Despite our sushi munching author's oft expressed preference in the title,
there really is a goodly serving of color in there.
Anyway a terrific sampling of many years of Ted's work. Definitely not to be
missed by anyone who appreciates Ted's experience and skill. Hours of
browsing for any photographic eye. So much to enjoy and learn from. Stacks
of very newsworthy and iconic shots from around the whole planet as well as
Ted's beloved Canada of course.

--
Cheers
Geoff