Subject: [Leica] CV 1.4/40mm and 1.2/35mm on M8 - what is your experience?
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 06:10:51 +0800

Hi Nathan,
Can't speak for the 1.2/35mm but I have the CV1.4/40mm SC. I took the
bayonet off and sent it to John Millich to have the coding
indentations milled in. On return it took a couple of tries to get the
bayonet on properly with infinity focus (!) but after that was
accomplished I coded the lens as a 35mm Summilux Asph, milled off
enough of the frame setter flange so that it brings up the 35 frames
and have been happily using it (equipped with a 43mm heliopan IR Cut
filter). Some people dislike its bokeh but I like the way the SC draws
on the M8 which now reads the lens as a 35 Lux Asph and corrects for
IR accordingly. In Leica land the value for money of this lens is
remarkable. A tip of the hat to Mr. Kobayashi.
Good luck
Howard