Subject: [Leica] 8 or 8.2
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 03:20:44 +0000

Ric,

I would recommend ?updating the firmware, the latest (2.004) is found on the
Leica web site. ?follow the directions exactly and you should have no
problem. ?Use a standard sd card to do this, then you can use the sdhc
cards. ?If the M8 already has the current firmware you are all set to go.
?The other tip is buy a extra battery or two. ?Have fun with the new M8.
?Also use the dng raw format and forget the jpegs, you have more control
when post processing.

Gene -------------- Original message from Ric Carter <ricc at
embarqmail.com>: --------------