Subject: [Leica] Nathan's Book List
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 13:37:17 -0500

I totally agree with you Mark.

To receive a contract from a major publisher would rank with
having a retrospective exhibit and catalog at a major museum;

which would rank a notch above having a one person show at respected
national gallery;
which would rank a notch above being included in juried show at a
regional museum;
which would rank a notch above a one person show at an upstart gallery;
which would rank a notch above having your work hang at the local
coffee shop.

Yet, my only point, the work remains the work.
The merit of that work does not change as recognition
by loftier and loftier institutions increases.

Leaves of Grass remains Leaves of Grass.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com