Subject: [Leica] IMG: A Different Friday Flower by Jim N.
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 00:11:27 -0500

With my recent flower photos, I have made an effort to show the beauty that
can be found in common blooms.  In looking for an image for this Friday, I
was attracted to the shadows formed by the side-lighting on this
Rhododrendron cluster. I decided to use the unusual view this Friday, just
to illustrate another way of viewing the flowers.

In some lens experimentation, I was using the closest example I have to a
"35mm standard" lens to use on the E-510, in this case a Takumar 1.8/55mm,
which becomes the equivalent of a 110mm lens in terms of a full-frame 35mm
system. The longer focal length is much easier to focus than the Elmarit-R
2.8/28 that I have been using lately, but the lens is not as sharp as the
Leica lens.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Shadows+14.tif.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols