Subject: [Leica] IMG: Shadowhawk
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 22:33:55 -0400

No, it's not a bird. It's a western village recreated in plywood
behind Bill Drake's house outside Smithfield, North Carolina.

Bill was an actor in TV and movie westerns in the '60s & '70s. When he
dropped out of the business, he came home and over the years rebuilt
his earlier world.

Some of these shots were done while Bill and his friends were
beginning production on a home-brew western movie.

Many of the buildings have appropriate interiors, one is a museum of
Bill's career, another is a general store with period goods. There's
even a cathouse over the saloon (no, not the kind we usually see in
galleries here).

I just dropped in one weekend, not knowing any of them. I've made two
visits. More planned.

Here's a baker's dozen to start.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/shadowhawk/>
http://tinyurl.com/q677yh