Subject: [Leica] doing it for real
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 13:23:01 -0400

Know that style of shooting quite well. What does one do when there's
nothing going on, and one has to come back with something.

s.d.
It might take more to tell a story after the smoke has cleared.  Hell, any
idiot with a camera can capture dramatic war images.  When the vultures are
feeding off dying children set your motor on continuous and blast away. Next
stop, Pulitzerville.

As far as composition and negative space?  Lets not forget that famous
Frenchman HCB. (Philippe is the other one :) )  Dark and dramatic award to
Gene Smith and shoot till you get it right to Carl Mydans for his Macarthur
wading shot.

I'd be the first to admit my prejudice but I see much  more content in
Gavrysh's work than in many famous f8 and be there shots.

Walt

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] doing it for real)