Subject: [Leica] IMG: B&W HDR
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 10:52:41 -0400

At 06:38 AM 5/5/2009, you wrote:
>Tina,
>
>What was the original like? to my eyes there is something lacking in
>defintion
>here, as if the s/w in averaging - or whatever it actually does - between
>the
>exposures, has compromised the clarity of detail.
>
>What happens if you apply USM for example?
>
>Peter

Actually Photomatix brings out the detail - the tone mapping gives
you a choice of detail enhancement or tone compression.  The detail
enhancement really brings out the detail in shadows and highlights
that you can't see on the original.  The original looks mushy in
comparison.  I did apply a little USM at 10/64/1.  I think what
you're seeing is the very large grain of Tri-X 400 pushed to 800.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] IMG: B&W HDR)