Subject: [Leica] The State of Things
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 22:27:20 -0400

At the Kinetic Sculpture Race today in Baltimore, there were dozens and
dozens of photographers, from professionals to casual snapshooters.

The total number who were shooting film: two.  Me, and a fellow who was
firing away on a Zorki (with Ilford).  Several people asked me about my
camera (the Bessa R2a) and wondered where you can still get film for it.

One answer was my local (Wynnewood) camera store, which is now closing for
good (having not exactly made a graceful transition from analog to digital).
I purchased all their 35mm film for $1.50 a roll, including all the
Kodachrome.  While it was nice to get a bargain on a lot of things I wanted
(such as a new lightbox and Schneider loupe), it was also sad to see them
slide into the muck.

Jim Shulman
Wynnewood, PA