Subject: [Leica] LIGHT ANECDOTE
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 11:46:53 -0400

Last night (Thursday April 23rd, 2009) I attended a showing at the Leica
Gallery in New York City. While there, I saw and photographed KEN HANSEN in
conversation with a gentleman.
http://v-images.smugmug.com/gallery/7556755_Lh3WE#519858507_6Zbyh-L-LB Mr.
Hansen continues to be one of New York's premier Leica dealers, although he
is now in semi-retirement. I puchased my M3, M6 and late but unlamented
Canon 7 from him. In any event- upon leaving the gallery we bumped into each
other in the elevator. Hansen told me that the gentleman he was speaking to
was the president of Leica. The man from Leitz had seen me wandering around
taking images with my G1 and 0.95 Canon lens. He asked Hansen why I wasn't
using the new Leitz 0.95 and Ken told me that he said to him, "because the
Canon lens doesn't cost $10,000". What is it with Leitz can't they see the
forest for the trees??  Also enclosed is another image from last night at
the Gallery. Bests: vroger

http://v-images.smugmug.com/gallery/7556755_Lh3WE#519845286_bEzUW-L-LB