Subject: [Leica] Singapore Panos
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:18:56 +0800

> Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 00:18:07 +0200
> From: Lluis Ripoll <luisripoll at telefonica.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Singapore Panos
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> Hi Howard,
>
> I use too the last firmware and I obtain more noise at 1250 ISO, your
> example is really good. For the other  photo you have captutred an
> excellent atmosphere.
>
> Saludos cordiales
> lluis

HI Lluis,
I was out and about in Singapore with Leica collector and user YZ Lee
and he has the old firmware in his M8.
In mixed lighting (tungsten and fluorescent) his auto white balance
was more true to life than the AWB in my
updated M8 (too yellow) but I think the higher ISO in my M8 with the
latest firmware was less noisy than his.
Of course, we were just pixel peeping on the LCD screens and that
magnification doesn't really show very much.
Cheers
Howard