Subject: [Leica] adapter help
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:28:40 -0700

> Is anyone aware of an adapter that will allow me to download a pcmcia card
> via a firewire or usb port?
> Can't seem to locate one.

They are hard to find. The PCMCIA specification was very loose, and it's
extremely hard to build an adapter that will work with all cards. And there
are so few such cards any more that there's not much incentive for a
manufacturer to make one. They might get 100 customers worldwide.

This is the only adapter that I am aware of that is still being sold:

http://www.amazon.com/Addonics-AEPUDDU-Pocket-Ultra-DigiDrive/dp/B00006L318

Good old Addonics. They make all manner of good trailing-edge stuff.

Replies: Reply from leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson) ([Leica] adapter help)