Subject: [Leica] Help - Leica 65 3.5 Elmar-Off List
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:51:25 -0400

At 10:31 PM 4/3/2009, you wrote:
>TINA,
>
>I assume by now, that you realise that the lens was never intended
>for use directly on any M body.  No RF coupling, or even a focusing
>scale. As we
>say in engineering, "If everything fails, RTFM".
>
>By the way, I may have a 75mm Summi available, but I am afraid if I
>sold it to you, it would put me up to ridicule by the same people who
>responded
>to you on the 65mm Elmar.
>
>That is why this response is off list.
>
>Jerry

Sorry, Jerry.  I don't understand.  I did read the Leica Visoflex
manual - ordered it from Amazon.  It has lots of charts with all of
the adapters and lenses that fit on the Visoflex.  I still managed to
think that the 65 was like the 135 that I have and would work both ways.

Guess I was wrong.  I'll just use it on the Visoflex.  I don't really
think there was any ridicule.  Most people know that I'm not an
equipment person and never even really know what lens I have on which
camera.  I just want something that I can take pictures with ;-)

Tina

Message from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Help - Leica 65 3.5 Elmar-Off List)