Subject: [Leica] IMG: A walk in Zurich
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:54:58 -0700

Nathan Wajsman showed:

couple of years--until earlier this week, when a business trip to

Geneva coupled with a free half-day allowed me the opportunity to hop

on the train and spend a nice afternoon in Zurich:

http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/7792628_XxKMo#504391899_x6e4B<<<<<

Hi Nathan,

This isn't your usual walk about picture show. :-) This is an extravaganza!!
Fabulous!  Thank you.

There are so many little things that make them work. What creates the impact
more than anything, isn't where it is, but the compositional factor in so
many. They are beyond mere "Happy snap" tourist views we see so many of on
list. It's camera handling for composition, subjects balanced and bits and
pieces in the right places making the pictures interesting.

Every time there's a Nathan picture show everyone can learn by "REALLY
LOOKING AT THE PICTURES!"  Not just snapping by them. Look at them and ask
yourself what makes this shot work? "Beyond the colour, beyond the neat
looking place!"  The reason the pictures grabs us is, the composition,
angles and of course the subjects and yep the colour adds at times. But all
this happens because of the way the camera is held and creating the angles
of composition that captures the eye of the viewer.

After all these years of looking at your "Tour with Nathan events."
Obviously it's your gift of observation that makes them work time after
time! And not some bright coloured item that catches the eye!

Good on you lad always a pleasure!

Thank you.

ted