Subject: [Leica] IMG: Birmingham,AL Roadtrip Wedding
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:44:51 -0500

I was in Birmingham,AL over the weekend for a wedding. Great town to stay
in, tons of photographic opportunities. I managed some time just wandering
around in-between my working time.

Photographed a few old factories, stopped at a bar that Bob Dylan likes,
and also went to a bizarre bar called "Garage" where everything in the place
was for sale, though I'd say this place is more of a junk museum. Hopped a
fence to get a view of the city at night and also drove by Rickwood Field,
which is known for Babe Ruth,Ty Cobb and Willie Mays playing there.

On the drive back I took a few detours into Mississippi instead of staying
on the interstate. Quitman,MS was interesting. Not sure what happening to
this train engine, but it could not have been pretty. Maybe it was in a
Monster Truck show? About a mile out of town there was a sign for a
Confederate Cemetery. All headstones are "Unknowns".

Leica images and Leitzolga images yet to come, sending off for processing.

www.zoeicaimages.com/ALTrip2009

Chris
NOLA

Replies: Reply from grdalton at hotmail.com (Gary Dalton) ([Leica] IMG: Birmingham,AL Roadtrip Wedding)