Subject: [Leica] Hartblei tilt shift rotation lenses get Zeiss name
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:24:55 -0400

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Bob Adler <rgacpa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bruce. I actually got this from the DPReview website that states
> the lenses were designed for 6x6 format. My understanding is that the
> resolution of lenses designed for 6x6 format is different than those
> designed for 35mm format. So I was just wondering why one would want to
> make a 6x6 lense fitting?only/mostly 35mm camera manufacturers.

I kind of assumed that since MF lenses have a bigger imaging circle,
it's easier to make a tilt shift lens out of them for 35mm.  The image
has to cover 6x6cm, so you can shift 1.25cm (estimate) in any
direction and still cover 35mm.

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Hartblei tilt shift rotation lenses get Zeiss name)
Message from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Hartblei tilt shift rotation lenses get Zeiss name)
Message from leica at ralgo.nl (leica) ([Leica] Hartblei tilt shift rotation lenses get Zeiss name)