Subject: [Leica] Darkroom or computer music
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 09:22:13 -0700

Gerry Walden asked:

Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom or computer music

Ted, how old did you say you were?  ;>)<<<<<<

Hi Gerry,

Come May 27th I'll be the young age of a full blown 80 years! And looking
forward to the 100th as long as I can still kick ass! :-) If I can't, then
no point in being here  if yer only a pain in the ass for others to look
after you.

On January 30th  my work out gal and I were looking for a celebration thing
for the big 80.  As I've done in the past, at 65 I did my first and only
solo parachute jump because I always wondered what it would be like on many
occasions sitting on the floor of a helicopter doing aerial photos while
legs dangling over the side & door open.

So there I was at 65, Jump master yelled. GO!"  I went!  Hell of a ride. On
the 76th BD day I flew in a P51 Mustang doing imaginary WW 2 dog fights all
over the sky. Another boyhood dream accomplished. :-)

Now the big 80 I tried to get my nephew who's a senior rank type in the
Canadian air force to get me a ride in one of our fighter jets.. These young
guys have no imagination.. Certainly neeeeeeeeither do the super senior
ranking types.

He says" Not a hope! Do you know if you have to eject you could break a
whole bunch of bones?" Besides there'd be a hell of a public out cry about
taking a civilian for a free ride. My response . "Screw them, just
re-activate my commission for test purposes, do the flight then I can resign
again!" Not a hope.

OK second try.. A submarine when it dives and a trip under water. Always
thought that a neat thing to have ago. Damn Navy isn't any brighter than the
air force. :-) They all have this idea that age matters!  "You want to do
what at 80?" As we older gentlemen know, "age is just a number."  Screw it!
It's all about attitude that's far more important for the driving force to
keep on rockin' and rollin'!

So what to do just to kick ass? I've been working at the rec centre and at
home twice a day preparing to do, "80 sit ups one right after the other on
the morning of the 80th birthday."  As of two days ago I'm doing 85 twice a
day.  :-) That's everyday from now until May 27th

However, it simply means I've only got 15 more to go and I'll make a 100!
:-) So why not, go for it!!  See what I mean? It's all about attitude, screw
the world and their number nonsense.

So that's how old I am! :-)

Cheers,

ted