Subject: [Leica] Flash lifespan
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:23:04 -0400

At 12:22 PM 3/27/2009, you wrote:

>This has probably come up before so I apologize for needing a
>reiteration, but how long can an SD card hold its data without
>deteriorating?
>
>A 2 gig card will hold more pictures than the amount of film I'd
>shoot on a given day, and now definitely costs less, but what are it
>archival properties?

As long as you don't hook it up to anything, or wash it in the
washing machine, it should hold its data indefinitely.  Much, much
longer than a roll of film.  I have even washed them in the washing
machine and put them through the drier and they still downloaded just
fine.  The biggest danger seems to be bending the little wires inside
the connection slot.  Even then, you can still retrieve the images
with a little work.  Transcend has a lifetime guarantee on their
cards and some other manufacturers offer 10 years.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Flash lifespan)