Subject: [Leica] Digital Image Preservation
From: scheng at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:12:23 -0400

On Mar 26, 2009, at 13:59, Robert D. Baron wrote:

> Bottom line: As we have discussed before, maybe paper (Blurb books?)
> really is the best way to go for the important stuff.

When I looked into this a few years ago, the best archival solution
was either paper (storage problem) or microfiche. Statistics Canada
which has a mandate to keep the census data for 75 years didn't know
of better solutions. They still deliver stacks of paper and
microfische to Canada's National Archive for storage. Of course, the
National Archive is running out of space to store all this paper.
Dealing with electronic medium was a problem they just started to
explore and it is a real headache for all the normal reasons.

Is there a service which converts digital images (RAW files?) into
negatives or positives on traditional film stock? :)

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from pasvorn at boonmark.net (Pasvorn Boonmark) ([Leica] Digital Image Preservation)