Subject: [Leica] Image manipulation experiment
From: at (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:22:17 +0100

Hallo everyone,

I just discovered an interesting bit of freeware that can be integrated
as a plug-in in most (probably all) Windows based image processing
software packages, unfortunately, Mac users can't use it.

Like I said, it's free , and it's here:

Here's an example:

The original:

A software generated sketch:

I've found that removing almost all mid tones with "Levels" beforehand
gives the best results, and that images with lots of very dark shadows
don't turn out too well (you end up with a lot of empty white spaces)

Replies: Reply from joelct at (Joseph Low) ([Leica] Image manipulation experiment)
Reply from leica at (leica) ([Leica] Image manipulation experiment)