Subject: [Leica] IMG: Street photography - Italy with CV wideangle lenses
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:02:25 -0700

Douglas Sharp showed:

Hello all,

I generally stick to things like steam trains and flowers and leave

street photography to experts like Lluis.

But, today it's snowing again, so I took some time to process some old

slides (2003) that had terrible colour casts (either old stock,bad

developing or X-ray machines in Italian airports) and decided to use

almost every possible option in Lightroom 2.3 and convert them to BW in PS.

Hope you like them. Comments and critique more than welcome.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/Italy/

There's even one with a Signorina :-)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/Italy/1Image15-3-Edit.
jpg.html

Hi Doug,

Nice use of a super wide by filling the frames One of the mistakes many
folks make when working with 12-14-15mm lenses, they have big empty spaces
in the foreground and sky areas. They think wide and see only the centre
area leaving huge patches of empty space. What you're showing here is filled
space and solid compositions in doing so.

I've used my C/V 15 on the M8 quite often with the external view finder. How
ever I only use it to kind of line up what I would like in the shot, check
the very centre spot in this finder, then I switch to the camera view finder
and centre the scene exactly as I saw it right at the centre. This allows me
to use the sides of the internal view finder to make sure I have the camera
properly aligned vertically and horizontally, then "click!"  99.9% fool
proof. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] IMG: Street photography - Italy with CV wideangle lenses)