Subject: [Leica] photographs
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:20:50 -0700

On Mar 23, 2009, at 5:39 AM, charles rabaa wrote:

> Steve
>
> Let me introduce myself as Peter Rabaa from Brisbane Australia. I am
> a R5 (1990 vintage) user, which has served me well on 2 major trips
> to Europe and the UK.
>
> Love your Labrador pictures.  We also had had a yellow lab for 14
> years, so much fun as our children grew up.
>
> Also interesting is your recent early morning light picture , with
> an Australian native "bottle brush " tree in the foreground.
>
> I also have a point and shoot Panasonic xxx with a branded Leica
> lens, for the price the pictures are quite good.
>
> I fear in the not to distant future, only in mass produced cameras,
> will  Leica branding  be seen.  Because of currency exchange rates
> Australian, full genuine  Leica quality products are rarely seen
> because prices are horrendous and there are now even fewer retail
> outlets.
>
> Newer cameras which must move to the digital format will almost
> guarantee the demise of the historical and iconic product because of
> the price.  As a result of the price asked , fewer and fewer clients
> will be able to purchase the product.
>
> At least that is what i see happening in the retail and amateur
> market, in many parts of the world.  Hope that I am totally wrong.
>
> Sadly,you do not seem to have many contributors from Australia
>
> keep up your quality photography with LEICA
>

> regards
>
> Peter Rabaa

thanks so much for writing Peter...good to hear from you, I'm glad you
like the shots of Tikwa, (there will be a book out soon)

we do have a number of Aussies in several of the Leica Fora...

I wonder if you are a member...  ?

I will take the liberty to send this note to Geoff Hopkinson from
Australia,  and invite you to join the LUG and the Leica Reflex
Group...if you are not already a member...

thanks so much again,

Steve