Subject: [Leica] Scenes from the Recession
From: glehrer at (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 15:38:27 -0700

Tina and LUG

I am astounded that this is the ONLY submission from Tina that received
NO response till mine!

I lived through the "Great Depression" and saw a lot of those
Hoovervilles and shanty-towns built
of cardboard and signboards..

I saw the people who starved or froze to death..  I lived through the
days when our family had
nothing to eat.  For years, my school notebooks were cut up sheets of
wrapping paper, held together
by needle and thread. (My mother was a dressmaker.)

I could go on about this, but not now.

Tina Manley wrote:
> LUG:
> Maybe some ideas for the project:
> Gloom and doom everywhere!
> Tina
> Tina Manley

Replies: Reply from jayanand at (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Scenes from the Recession)