Subject: [Leica] Friday Redbud Tree
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:44:22 -0500

Tina Manley wrote:

At 07:06 PM 3/20/2009, you wrote:
>Not quite a flower, but definitely blooming.
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bob+Baron/W_L1005978.jpg.html
>
>Shot on the way to my office this morning; processed this evening in
>Lightroom.

Beautiful!  The redbuds are absolutely glorious this time of
year.  We drove down to Charleston today and the redbuds were glowing
the whole way  -  I drove and couldn't take any photos, though.  The
dogwoods will be next.  I hope to get some photos of all of the
blooms tomorrow, but the main reason for coming to Charleston
(besides attending an ASMP meeting) was to eat wonderful fresh
seafood.  We're leaving now for raw oysters. ;-)

Tina

Thanks.  You are exactly right when you use the word 'glowing'.

Ken Carney, the other half of the OKCLUG, and I discussed this today
over lunch at a Thai restaurant in our expanding Asian restaurant
district (SonC, when are you coming back?).  Every year we try to
shoot them and never seem to manage a decent shot.  This morning it
was very cloudy and dull and the light seemed awfully flat so maybe
that is what made them stand out for me.  Here is another one, my
second LUG Gallery posting....with many many thanks to Brian, this
really is easy to use and very much appreciated!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bob+Baron/W_L1006013.jpg.html

--Bob

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Friday Redbud Tree)