Subject: [Leica] M3 with Summicron etc.
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:25:49 -0400

At 06:18 PM 3/19/2009, Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

 >Naturally some will disagree but purists consider the late
 >model M3s to have the best build quality of all Leica cameras.

It would probably be more accurate to state that
this is true of the last of the DS M3's.  Quality
was off a bit by the time of the late SS's,
especially as Leitz was using up any NOS parts
sitting in their part bins to finish off the run.

But, in general, the M3 is the best built of the
M's and, in the estimation of this eyeglass
wearer, the most utile.  I have never had a
problem with eye relief on an M3 VF/RF.

Marc

msmall at aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!