Subject: [Leica] Leica M3 plus Summilux and Summaron
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:04:29 -0700

Not a good idea, as it won't focus properly. Only the 35mm f3.5
Summaron, with detachable eyes, will focus properly.
I tried it once, using a 'cron with the eyes off. Everything was
severely out of focus at any F-stop.
When I complained to my local tech about it, I had him rolling on the
floor at my act of idiocy.
But, since it is a Summaron f2.8 without eyes, the issue is now
academic.
BUT.. for those who want to give it a try and really prove to
themselves through an actual field test, and not a flapping lip test,
you can find out for yourself if it focuses properly, or not.
sd