Subject: [Leica] New M8 Firmware 2.004
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 13:09:16 +0000

Just upgraded my M8.  I think I like the discreet mode.  Delaying the
shutter recocking does make a difference to the sound.  I was surprised
just how quiet recocking is.  The shutter seems relatively loud,
compared to recocking though not too intrusive.  It's never going to be
as quiet as a cloth shutter anyway.

I wonder whether it will have a detrimental impact on battery life, as
holding the shutter button down may cause more current drain.

Time will tell.

Mark Pope,
Swindon, Wilts
UK