Subject: [Leica] OT: analog video8 to DVD transfer using a Mac - QUESTIONS to experts
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:12:13 +0100

Don Dory wrote:

>Phillippe,
>If your time is as valuable as I think it is then pay a third party to
>convert to your specs.  In the U.S. this will be about $32 for two hours
>converted to standard DVD format.

Thanks Don, this I can already do with the VHS/DVD player. Even though
the Mac won't then read the DVD , a standard player does.
I want more than hard copy, I want to edit and 'mount?' the video on the
Mac before burning DVDs.

>Should you want/need to do this yourself then it appears that your problem
>is the digitizing board/software.  So, I would shop around for a board that
>allows a much higher resolution

Thanks. This is the direction I will now be heading towards; I regret
that the interface I bought from an Apple store is so poor... and that
they didn't warn me about that.

>than your current set up with possibly an
>upgrade to Premiere or Final Cut for the final DVD mastering.

Thanks for the tip.

Bien amicalement
Phili^^e