Subject: [Leica] The LUG Assignment closing statement
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 20:16:16 -0600

The LUG Assignment for March:
Deadline: March 31, 2009
Post work to site which Brian will set up within the last couple
weeks of March.

The Assignment:
"Document the effects
of the world wide economic downturn
as you see it unfolding
in your city, town, village
social group or family."

The only other assignment suggestion
was "to document 'hope' in these times."
(unless I missed some - please let me know if I did)
I believe that one could see "hope"
as an "effect" of the current downturn.
So I think investigating this area
could fit well within the stated assignment.

A couple participants said that their city
is in a growth phase; and that would make it difficult.
I think that one could also work "no downturn here" as investigative
soil.
Additionally, I think that some individuals and businesses
within growth areas probably also feel the pinch.

Which brings me to ways of thinking about the assignment:
1) Creatively: could focus on one person, one family, one business,
one street, or town.
2) Gathering notes, recorded interviews, and picture captions could
help tell your story.

Personally, I feel:
challenged by this idea;
a tad intimidated;
even a little fearful
of leaving my comfort zone.
All that said;
I'm excited to see what we can do with this.
Hope you all feel the same.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com