Subject: [Leica] IMG: Samples from Elmar M 24 and Distagon 18
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:04:23 +1000

These may be of interest.
99% uncropped (M8 is not quite perfectly 3:2)
Minimal processing.
I think that the new 24 is stunning at every aperture. Just look at its
performance against the light, extremely low distortion and no visible fall
off at all into the corners.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/110354243
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/110354244
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/110354247
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/110354248
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/110354253
Some of these with the very fine Distagon 18 for perspective comparison. I'm
sure that there is a Super Elmar in my future there though!

Brought to you by your friendly neighbourhood Leica pusher.

Coments welcome.
--
Cheers
Geoff