Subject: [Leica] very very short skirts and gigantic steam locomotives
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:17:41 -0400

I learned from Mary Ellen Mark years ago that photography has much less to
do with cameras and lenses than we tend to think it does and more with being
able to talk to people.

To show off this Steampunk wardrobe I realized what the photograph needed
was a real honest to goodness steam engine. A call to the wonderful people
at the Franklin Institute Science Museum got me and my two models 30
uninterrupted minutes with their 350 ton locomotive before the museum
opened. The lighting I think is secondary to the costumes (all hand made by
the models wearing them) and the set -- it consists of a main light with a 4
inch cereal-box snoot at 1/4 power and a fill bounced off the wall at 1/8
power.

Check it out. It's the best thing I've done lately.

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2009/steampunk-1.jpg

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] very very short skirts and gigantic steam locomotives)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] very very short skirts and gigantic steam locomotives)