Subject: [Leica] 2x APO Extender & 280 f/4 APO?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:26:35 -0400

Tina Manley wrote:

At 10:51 PM 3/10/2009, you wrote:
>I'm thinking of simplifying my kit and using the 280 f/4 APO with a
>2x APO-Extender in place of the 560 f/6.8 Telyt... aside from the
>1/2-stop difference can anyone tell me how well this works?  I did a
>few controlled tests with a borrowed 2X APO on my 280 f/4 but had
>little time for practical field work with it.  I'd like to hear of
>any experience with this combination.
>
>Doug Herr

Doug,  I would be very surprised if you got as good results with the
2x extender and 280 as you do with the 560.
<<<<

Hi Tina,

The results I've been getting with the 280 f/4 APO and 1.4x APO-Extender
have been nothing short of astonishing, so good that my 400mm f/6.8 has
been gathering dust.  I was hoping to get similar results with the 280 f/4
and 2x APO-Extender; not just for the image quality but also for the
advantages of the automatic aperture and the compact size of the extender
vs. the bulk of the 560mm f/6.8.  I take the 280mm f/4 and 1.4x APO
extender (and UET-R [extension tube]) everywhere while carrying the 560 is
more a deliberate act and as you know the chances of taking a picture are a
lot better when you have the camera with you!

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application