Subject: [Leica] The B&W Infrared master...halation
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 12:58:06 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 "Chris Saganich" <chs2018 at med.cornell.edu>wrote:

>I wonder if there is conventional film without anti-halation layers.
>Masking film?  Some of the
>images reminded me of early Atget in their glowing quality.
He most likely used orthochromatic film.  You can get the same look (if you
can find some) with
Kodak Fine Grain positive film, developed as a negative.  Blue skies go
white, and yellows,reds
go black.  It's ISO .2 (point 2) though.  Coincidentally, a few weeks ago I
spooled some into a
Leitz cassette to experiment with (we have 250 feet left from years ago).
It's meant to be
processed in Dektol, but I use D-76 to cut the contrast.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee