Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Mexico B&W and gallery sizing issues
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 12:29:38 -0800

Hi John,

I've now posted two versions in B&W. I think they still need a bit of
tweaking and tonal adjustment, but this is a first crack at it.

I also posted the same picture, adjusted and exported from Lightroom.
Once at 1000 pixels for the long dimension, once at 800 to suit the
basic display dimension. I wanted to try this because I usually post
a larger picture, and then let the gallery software reduce the image
for the main display.

Posted at 1000 pixels:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hwulff/Mexico09/B_amp_W+lrg-3010513.jpg.html

Posted at 800 pixels:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hwulff/Mexico09/B_amp_W-3010513.jpg.html

It seems to me that not only is the picture as sized correctly
sharper, the tones are also different.

In other words, try to make sure that you post pictures at the size
that your album will display them if you want to have control over
both sharpness and tones, as the gallery software changes them while
resizing.

Henning

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff