Subject: [Leica] LTM windfall
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Thu Feb 26 19:08:38 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 9:54 PM, Leonard Taupier wrote:

> I don't know if you've ever used an LTM. The experience is
> different. I always thought you were a Rollei kind of guy.
>
> Len

Thanks, Len, Jim, Larry, et.al.,

Yes, I've shot with a IIIf for several years.  Many of my show prints
were taken with my IIIf, the one I got from Michael Hintlian.   I
love it, to be honest.

And, thanks for the reminder to start posting again, folks.  I'm
kinda busy right now, and have a show coming up this week, starting
the 4th and running for 2 weeks.

I will try to finish scanning all this film.....yuck.

The IIIf appears to be in good shape, and I say appears advisedly.
Speeds seem to be fairly close to being "on," but the winding is
stiff.  Shutter curtain looks good.

The IIIc, as I said, is in excellent condition cosmetically, but the
speeds are off, sticky.

I think I'll do one piece at a time, starting with the IIIf.

And, thanks for the info on Sherry, Larry.  I'll definitely get
directions before I go.

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Senior Minister
First Congregational Church, United Church of Christ
Waterbury, Connecticut
pastorfcchurch@comcast.net
kennybod@mac.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] LTM windfall)