Subject: [Leica] IMG: A portrait at ISO 1600
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun Feb 22 15:10:24 2009

I don't know. When I first started this hobby, I saw a Rodenstock Imagon
250mm lens for sale - looked new at a bargain price.  The Imagon has
press-on "filters" that look like sink strainers.  The idea is to give a
softness and "glow" to images.  So I mounted in on a 4x5 Linhof and took
some photos of the old folks.  Of course, I found out that soft wrinkles
look bad and sharp wrinkles are interesting.  But, with young folks it did
indeed give an interesting "glow" to a perfect complexion, that which would
be trivial with PS today.  The importer sent me a copy of "The Book of the
Imagon" and I found it was initially intended to be used for effects such as
fog.

Ken