Subject: [Leica] OT: That '72 Spitfire Lucas the Prince of Darkness
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Sun Feb 22 14:30:21 2009

Frank,

When I think of how much I hated, reviled and despised Lucas electrical
systems in my
British autos ( MG TD Mk2, Cad Allard, Jaguar XK120 MC(R),and AC
Bristol;  I am
chagrined to admit that I am currently working for the American company
that bought Lucas.

I didn't know what a reliable electrical system was until I bought an
Alfa Romeo Veloce, with
an all Bosch system.  Then Porsches for the next 45 years,  All Bosch,
all good.

Jerry

Replies: Reply from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] OT: European Auto Electrical Systems)
Message from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] OT: That '72 Spitfire Lucas the Prince of Darkness)