Subject: [Leica] Austin Center for Photography -- Call For Entries
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Sat Feb 14 09:21:39 2009

Austin Center for Photography
Call For Entries
February 14, 2009

Home Page Photo Contest No. 1

As promised, we're serving up a Call For Entries for Home Page Photo Contest
No. 1 . This contest is free and open to all types of
photographers, amateur and professional, is not themed, and is for color
photographs only.

>From our last newsletter, you may remember that we've gotten tired of
looking at that flock of grackles has been on our homepage for the past
several months -- and we suspect our visitors have too. To solve that
problem forever, we're excited to announce our first photography
competition.

As you can see, there is now a slide show of five sample photographs plus
some intermixed announcements running on the home page now. The Home Page
Photo Contest series will keep these photographs fresh.

The contests will be juried by a well known curator, editor, or fellow
photographer, and displayed on our home page for three months. We're
planning to hold the home page contest four times a year.

Contest No. 1 is being juried by Leslie Baldwin. Leslie is currently the
photo editor at Texas Monthly, and a former art director for Time Magazine.

This is the official Call For Entries. The contest deadline is midnight
March 27th. Winners will be announced and posted to the home page by April
15th. This will give entrants something positive to look forward to on
Income Tax Day...

To enter the contest, click [
http://www.austincenterforphotography.org/contest] here. Be sure to click
the Submissions Guidelines button on this page for the information you'll
need to properly prepare your submission.

Tell your friends. And good luck!

Dave.

--
2009 PAW Gallery: www.david-keenan.com/paw