Subject: [Leica] Question re SM to M Adapters weird one has SN engraved by Leitz
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Wed Feb 11 21:07:36 2009

Just one an auction for a 135 Hektor on ebay (needed one) it had a SM
to M adapter on (okay Mark where are you going with this)

The real Leitz SM to M adapter has a LENS SN engraved on it 824476
(appx 1950) factory done. BTW Lens SN is 655xxx (appx 1948) not same
as the adapter.

Never seen this before. Why?

Back of adapter is engraved with 16073 which I assume is the part
number but not present on many of my other adapters.

James Lager out there? Anyone

Replies: Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Question re SM to M Adapters weird one has SN engraved by Leitz)
Reply from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Question re SM to M Adapters weird one has SN engraved by Leitz)