Subject: [Leica] Re: Ferrari daze
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue Feb 10 07:23:37 2009

On Feb 10, 2009, at 10:07 AM, Seth wrote:

> As Frank Dernie, Henning, Tom A., and several others on the list
> know, in
> addition to my almost life-long affliction as a Leicaholic image-
> maker, I'm
> also a car nut. Yesterday, the sports car market having collapsed
> at least
> as dramatically as have the Leica, Hasselblad, world equity markets
> and
> economies, and being no longer obliged to run financial decisions past
> SWMBO, I lost my [alleged] mind and also acquired a new (actually
> 'pre-owned') Ferrari, a 575M Maranello. In fact, the private seller
> and I
> closed on the transaction last Thursday late afternoon, the car was
> collected Friday in Virginia Beach by transport company and delivered
> Saturday to the Ferrari dealer in Spring Valley NY where I went
> yesterday
> for my first visit. Perhaps the best road car that Ferrari has ever
> made at
> a jaw-droppingly low price (you know, one can buy a pre-owned 8-
> cylinder
> Ferrari in excellent condition in the US$20-30,000. range).

Congratulations! You have now joined the elite fraternity of
yachtsmen, sports car owners, airplane owners, antique Leica
collecters, executives with trophy wives. and others who posses
expensive but functionally marginal objects. It is as effective a
drainer of wealth as setting a bonfire with $100 bills in your back
yard. But, of course, it is much more fun. Use it well. Enjoy!

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Re: Ferrari daze)
Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Re: Ferrari daze)