Subject: [Leica] Re:Monster High-tech 50mm 1.4 from Sigma and everyone else
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu Feb 5 08:15:03 2009

Hi Seth,
If the part is correctly manufactured to the drawing it is the design
which determines the reliability, quality and longevity, not the place
of manufacture. Nowadays machines are generally sufficiently accurate
to produce parts which need no or minimal selective assembly. If items
are properly inspected there should be no concern.
FWIW the Nikon lenses of the 70s were notoriously variable from sample
to sample.
Frank

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Re:Monster High-tech 50mm 1.4 from Sigma and everyone else)
Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Re:Monster High-tech 50mm 1.4 from Sigma and everyone else)