Subject: [Leica] Aperture wear or oily? (With photos)
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Feb 4 21:34:56 2009

I sold a lens to a guy in Japan.... He sent it to some techie-Lab in Tokyo.
They ( literally) took it apart to check it out.  Their conclusion was that
it should be returned to me because it was not new.

The lens was 40 years old and was cleaned by Van Stelten about 4 months
before I sold it.

The guy never shot the lens.

He was really nasty in the dealings.  I returned all his money.  I also
black balled him from ever buying something from me again.  I don't like
whiners......

Shoot the lens, then decide if you want to keep it.......

Yes, it looks like oil.

Shoot the lens, then decide if you want to keep it.......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Aperture wear or oily? (With photos))
Reply from mknawabi.lug at gmail.com (Yama Nawabi) ([Leica] Aperture wear or oily? (With photos))