Subject: [Leica] IMG: Modern Services, Old Presentation
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun Feb 1 12:48:38 2009

Jim, you'll have to figure out what you like in the B&W film first. e.g.
think of digital image as a specific brand of film. In your case, an Olympus
E-System 4-th-Gen (or whatever it is) vario-ISO film.

Now look at some of the film images that you like - do you like the grain?
The contrast? The tone? Take one of your favoriate digital image and now use
photoshop or you favorite editor or one of the film simulation plugins and
tweak it until you get the same feel. It may take quite a bit of work and
may be you just won't be able to get something matching what you like, but
doing that should teach you quite a bit.

Good luck!

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// b: http://rfman.wordpress.com