Subject: [Leica] Got my 24/3.8
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Jan 29 11:11:11 2009

Ordered from Scotland Tuesday, in my hands in Alicante Thursday
morning--not bad!

The lens is lovely, a perfect package on the M8. Yes, it is one stop
slower than the Elmarit, but I really like the form factor. Only had
time to shoot some boring test images today, but tomorrow afternoon we
are closing the department at 1 pm and going to spend the rest of the
day eating tapas in the city (25 people), so that should provide
better opportunities to test it. I am NOT into photographing test
charts or newspapers pinned to a wall.

I really think Leica has some winners among the new lenses that
combine the usual excellence with a reasonable (by Leica standards)
price point.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain