Subject: [Leica] Focomat I
From: gonzalel at online.de (Leina Gonzalez)
Date: Tue Jan 27 04:55:25 2009

Hi Lluis,

It was fairly easy to find a Focotar F4,4/50 in nice condition, but then
again I'm in Germany so maybe that helps. Though I did have to wait a
few weeks to find exactly the one I wanted. I've also heard good things
about the Schneider-Kreuznach Componon which is the reason I went ahead
and bought one as well. It would be great to see some enlargements made
with the lens; actually the reason that I was insistent on the Leica
enlarger & lens, is that I do shoot with Leica glass, and someone on a
film forum mentioned that it doesn't make much sense to have a great
lens, but not a great enlarger lens: I had been searching for a Durst
with the Schneider-Kreuznach, but they aren't easy to find; then I
researched the Leica enlargers (I had actually read about them in the
back of my camera's user manual) and figured I would try to find one. In
any case, I am pretty sure that this model doesn't have the AN glass,
and ring, so I will have to search for one. Thanks again!

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Focomat I)
Reply from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Focomat I)