Subject: [Leica] Leitz Focomat I
From: gonzalel at online.de (Leina Gonzalez)
Date: Sat Jan 24 23:30:08 2009

Hi all,

Am new to this group (as of today), and would like to ask a question
about the Focomat I that I picked up recently. After quite a bit of
research I am fairly certain that it is the 1a model (on the enlarger
itself it says: Leitz Focomat 1) it has a Varob 1:3,5 lens which seems
(amazingly) to be in pretty good shape; no fungus, scratches, or haze. I
am curious if I can fit another lens and if the screw thread is 39mm.
Also, this is my first enlarger and I am curious how I can assess the
condition of the condenser glass. Sorry for the silly question, but I
honestly don't know what it should look like. In any case, I have
replaced the power cord, the other one was in terrible shape. And after
replacing the very old bulb, found that it works like a charm. I can't
wait to try it out... In any case the user's manual is nearly impossible
to find, in German or English so any advice or tips would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Leitz Focomat I)