Subject: [Leica] Hasta Luego
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat Jan 24 17:41:47 2009

> I'm all packed for Peru.  My backpack, containing all of my Leica
> equipment - 2 M8's, 1 M7, 6 lenses, 50 rolls of film (in lead-lined
> bags), 10 batteries, 8 SD cards, pack of filters, my Acer netbook and
> two external hard drives, weighs 20 pounds!!

        Seems like science fiction.  I pulled out my 8x10 backpack the other
day to see if everything still worked.  Camera, lenses, meters, filters,
and...six film holders.  That is 12 exposures until you get somewhere where
you can change film.  I have no idea as to the weight but I'll bet the
tripod alone is 20#.  A friend took his 8x10 outfit to Paris last year for
street photography...78#.  Best wishes for a safe and successful adventure.

Ken