Subject: [Leica] 19mm Elmarit on Nikon D700
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Fri Jan 23 21:45:09 2009

Hello Luggers,
Here are a couple of pictures taken this morning with the Elmarit 19mm
R on the Nikon D700.

We have feral cows on South Lantau - nobody owns them and they just
wander around eating gardens and grass and fouling the roads.
Here is one near the beach where we walk for exercise.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/R+lenses+on+Nikon+D700/FeralCow19EFilterw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/btke4a

The (professional) photographer I bought the 19mm Elmarit R from had a
UV filter on the lens and it causes vignetting.
Please see:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/R+lenses+on+Nikon+D700/19ECheungShaFilterw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/ccsjyg

With the filter off the vignetting is less and can be easily corrected
in photoshop. For some reason (likely local busy broadband - it is the
Chinese New Year holiday) I couldn't upload the two photos - without
filter and corrected. Will try again later.

Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] 19mm Elmarit on Nikon D700)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] 14mm Elmarit on Nikon D700)