Subject: [Leica] Question about M8 exposure
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 15:54:24 2009

Vick Ko wrote:

Is this a case of "how things stay the same, even though things change?"
When I was learning photography, I was told to always bracket.
This sounds like bracketing to me, just using digital.
...Vick

Bob W wrote:
> .... But if there's time
> I check the first exposure against the histogram and adjust my exposure
> accordingly to expose to the right (or to the left if there seems to be
too
> much highlight clipping). I think it's a good habit to get into, and it
pays
> dividends when it comes to the final image quality.

<<<<

Pretty much.  My R8's (DMR's) meter is constantly set at -0.5 stops but
only because I frequently have detailed white highlights in my photos, and
the basic meter reading is only a starting point.  I use the histogram to
fine-tune the exposure keeping the histogram as far to the right as
possible w/o clipping.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft? Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE